Gemini DIY Wood Fort Plan
The Gemini All Wood Do-it-Yourself Fort Plan is our largest DIY fort plan and features two deck heights offering almost 60' of deck space. We used the Triton Fort as a base for add-on decks and modified it to have a 5' and 7' deck height. This was an important adaptation for the use of spiral slides, 14' slides and taller climbing add-ons. This additional design also offers a great place for the add-on picnic table. Wood roof plans are not included at this time.
Gemini DIY Wood Fort Plan
The Gemini DIY Wood Fort Plans Feature:
- Detailed drawings, color pictures, and text information.
- Safety information, useful tips, and hardware sizing charts.
- Tool list, hardware list, fastener list, wood list and detailed cut list.
The Gemini Wood Fort Design Features:
- Two play decks. The Launch Pad - 5' deck height and The Sky Deck - 7' deck height
- Two 5' x 6' platform deck gives your kids 60 sq ft of elbow room.
- Over 6' standing room in Launch Pad and over 5' in the Sky Deck.
- Tallest peak is 12'6". Top rail is 10' high. Conforms to most deed restrictions.
- Designed for a 10' slide, 14' slide, or a spiral slide. Ladder instructions are included.
- All recommended hardware is heavy duty 1/2" or 3/8" carriage bolt or hex bolt.
- Designed for durability, strength, and peace of mind.
- Approximate build time 18-22 hours for the forts.
- Easy to move. Breaks down into movable pieces and easy to reassemble.
Note: This is a downloadable set of playset plans. The links to download plans are sent to your email immediately after purchase. Do not download plans from the receipt at time of purchase. Be sure to enter correct email address when you purchase these plans. If your email address is entered correctly, check your bulk or spam folder before contacting us. Materials are not included. Plans will not be mailed to you.
Approximate Lumber Expense to Build the Gemini Wood Fort
This table is compiled to help you estimate the cost of this do-it-yourself playset. We used #2 treated pine as our baseline to establish an approximate cost. Natural woods such as redwood or cedar are going to be much more expensive. We do not sell any lumber and cannot guarantee the cost in your area.
Why you should use our plans to build your own playset?
There are several options on the internet for build your own DIY swing set and wood fort plans. As a consumer be aware of what you buy. Most are from well known companies that teach you how to make a safe fort and swing set combination. These professional companies utilize information taken from the Consumer Product Safety Commission Playground Safety Handbook. Our do-it-yourself playset plans utilize their recommended guidelines to help you build your own backyard playground for residential use.