All Wood Mailbox Cover
If you have a standard metal mailbox, it probably has black or gray faded paint and a wimpy plastic flag. In our search for practical uses for old wooden swing sets, we thought a simple wood cover for that beat up mailbox might be a nice change.
Milled with rounded edges, lightly sanded and left natural without a finish so you can pick your own color or finish. Mailbox cover is shipped directly to your home and ready for minor assembly and installation on arrival.
Look for our DIY mailbox cover plans and kits coming soon.
Wooden Mailbox Cover
Ship times are 3-4 weeks from time of order. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail and shipping is included.
Your mailbox cover will come supplied with:
- Long mailbox wood outer layer strip (Pre-assembled)
- Back Panel
- Door Panel with knob (knob design subject to change without notice)
- Wooden Flag Assembly
- Mounting Base Board (Fits under mailbox. This particular board is rough and has defects but will not be seen.)
- Enough fasteners to mount flag assembly, mounting base, back panel, door and outer layer.
- Installation instructions
- Shipping Included.
- Does not include post, stand or mailbox.
Basic installation to existing mailbox will require:
- Phillips Screwdriver or driver with phillips tip
- 1/16" wood drill bit and 1/8" metal drill bit.
- Wood Glue
- Glue gun
- Mailbox Post or Mounting Stand
- Standard regulation USPS metal mailbox (removed from post or stand)
- Verify with USPS maximum height or ideal height before mounting mailbox